ESI EM385 COURSE DESCRIPTION
The 24- Hour, EM385, section 21 compliant, Competent Person class by ESI Supply, meets or exceeds the minimum requirements as required in EM385, section 21, as well as the ANSI Z359 and ANSI Z490.1 requirements.
The course is divided into the following sections. Every EM385, Competent Person course is in excess of 24 hours. Although times may vary depending on the class, I have listed the section times from a recent class.
– Section #1 Introductions and Course Overview Approx. Time: 1 hour
– Section #2 Myths Types and Statistics Approx. Time: 1 hour
– Section #3 OSHA, ANSI & EM385 Approx. Time: 1.25 hours
– Section #4 Definitions Approx. Time: 1 hour
– Section #5 Programs and Roles Approx. Time: 2.25 hours
– Section #6 Hierarchy – AHA-RAC-APP Approx. Time: 1.75 hours 8.25 hours
– Section #6 Hierarchy-AHA-APP Approx. Time: 1.5 hours
– Section #7 EM385 Review Approx. Time: 2 hours
– Section #8 Non-PPE Products and Systems Approx. Time: 1.25
– Section #9 Active Systems Approx. Time: 1 hour
– Section #10 Harnesses Approx. Time: 2.5 hours 8.25 hours
– Section #10 Harnesses Approx. Time: .25 hours
– Section #11 Lanyards – SRL – Fall Arrestors Approx. Time: 2 hours
– Section #12 Anchors & HLL’s Approx. Time: 1 hour
– Section #13 Inspection Approx. Time: 1.75 hours
– Section #14 Rescue Approx. Time: 1.25 hours
– Section #15 Citations Approx. Time: .5 hours
– Section #16 Competent Person Training Approx. Time: 1.5 hours 8.25 24.75 hours
This course looks at not only the primary fall protection standards; OSHA 1926.500-.503, the ANSI Z359 package and EM385, but also takes into consideration manufacturer guidelines and requirements and best industry practices.
The course not only explains the need and importance of using fall protection correctly, but it also explains the dangers associated with incorrect use or system selection.
The course is presented using PowerPoint presentations, photographs, videos, and hands-on exercises.
Training goals are evaluated and verified through written and verbal knowledge checks and hands-on exercises.
Attendees can look at a photo or situation and determine the hazard(s), determine hazard risk and find workable solutions.
The class cost will be determined on individual class requirements.
*Special group rates are available. Please contact ESI Supply for more information regarding course training/certifications.